Sunday, October 23, 2016

Rayon Border Bettine Dress



 Speaking of gorgeous fabric, check out Stylemaker Fabrics. I love how the site is organized. The owner, Michelle offers beautiful quality, on trend fabric. 

This double border shibori style printed rayon challis is a rich indigo color. It is buttery soft and oh so lovely to work with. I had fun trying to decide where to place the border and horizontal line patterns. I decided I wanted three rows of the rectangles to border my skirt and cascade over my shoulders, leaving the dots placed in the perfect position right across my chest and sleeves. I used the dot pattern for the cuffs. 

Michelle was so gracious after I made a terrible mistake and cut into the bodice pattern piece when I was trying out different cuff designs. It had taken me so long to cut out my bodice and skirts to match and line up the way I wanted. I wanted to scream!! Wait, I did scream. But, I took a deep breath, and after frantically discovering that I did not have enough fabric to cut another bodice front, I quickly contacted Michelle at Stylemaker Fabrics. She sent me a new cut of fabric right away, reassuring me that she has made similar mistakes. Thank you, Michelle!

As for the pattern, it is the Bettine Dress by Tilly and the Buttons.  Such a quick and rewarding pattern.




No comments:

Post a Comment